Monday, August 08, 2005

Cheaper Kosher? Trader Joes in SLP? Roseville?

Ah, Trader Joe's. Does anybody have a bead on when the much-awaited Trader Joe's will open here in Minnesota? I read back in the late winter that they are opening at Excelsior in early 2006, but since then nada. Then I read in that newspaper of record "The Skyway News" that they are looking to open in suburbs like Roseville. Does anyone have some solid skinny on this?

Seriously, one of the few things that keeps living in Minnesota from being truly optimal is the lack of a Trader Joe's. So sue me, I was born in California and it's my freakin' birth right, ok? No, jesting aside,a Trader Joe's is one of the few things I really miss here. We get to Chicago/California/Points East often enough that we seldom run out of our favorite coffee, spices, etc., but boy would it be nice to get competitively priced kosher meat on a regular basis. I've been so envious when I go back to the Bay Area and find Aaron's beef at about HALF of what we pay here - and we're barely 200 miles from the processor! Go figure! And if you want to learn more about Trader Joe's kosher products for the midwest, see here. Now if we could just get that cholov yisroel Israeli feta that they have on the West Coast, we'd be styling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

There is cholov yisroel feta at TJ's??????

I also heard it's coming. And we are waiting and waiting.

My mom buys meat for me there when I'm visiting. Too bad we don't have an Albertson's, too.

9/8/05 08:42  
Blogger AbleVaybel said...

Yep, but not on the East coast, oddly enough. I spoke with a distributer for TJ's in Connecticut and he'd never heard of it.

9/8/05 08:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home