Thursday, July 21, 2005

London Calling

Like many folks, I woke up to the troubling news from London. I decided to ring up my good friend who lives in the north of England to see how she was doing. Fortunately the news was good: her family are all fine - her machutonim live close to one of the areas evacuated earlier and she got tenure in a position that allows her to work half-time for the next four years. That is brilliant given that she has a 7 month old at home. Mazel Tov, Shana!

As for news, I check a lot of different sources when I can. Different sites are good for different info, naturally enough. High on my list for standard international news are:

The Beeb

BBC Jewish News

The CBC

Finnish Radio - Internytt

Corriere della Serra

Haaretz

Hufvudstadsbladet

Dagens Nyheter

Dagbladet

Your opinions probably differ, but this is what I like right now. I find the Italian site to be the best updated, interestingly enough. The BBC's Jewish news is consistenly interesting and deserves to be better known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home