Monday, November 28, 2005

Awash in a Sea of Dentures


.. was something I missheard earlier this evening, and it might well have described a recent event we attended. It also left me musing about the many differences between Jewish and non-Jewish weddings. Among my thoughts: when is the last time you ate at a poorly-lit Jewish wedding?

The reception venue was almost as lovely as the bride, with an amazing view of the city. I guess that is why I was so befuddled and couldn't remember that a proper "Rusty Nail" is composed of Drambuie and scotch. Ok, so I'm not a drinker. But, inadvertantly,
I created a new drink, which I hearby officially name "the Vanessa". It is as charming and smooth as its namesake

Vanessa

1 part B & B (Benedictine and Brandy)
1 part Scotch (preferably a slightly smokey variety)
Ice
Lemon zest to garnish

Stirred gently in a med highball glass - not a snifter.
Enjoy in good company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home