Thursday, November 17, 2005

Corn Pudding


Do The Math, Comrades!
High Yields = More Corn Pudding!




I love corn pudding. It's a family tradition. And though it is often made milchig, it's easy to do parve. Here is a version of my mother's corn pudding - hers uses canned creamed corn.


Corn Pudding

Ingredients

24 ounces vacuum packed corn, preferably white sweet corn - or right off the cob if you'd prefer
1/2-cup sugar
1/2 cup crumbled crackers
1 -cup milk, half and half, or soy creamer
3 eggs, beaten (you can substitute EggBeaters)
3 Tablespoons flour
8 Tablespoons melted butter or parve margarine
2 Tablespoons vanilla
Preparation Instructions
Combine all of the ingredients in the order given. Be sure to stir the mixture while you add the hot melted butter/marg.

Pour into a widish casserole and bake at 425F for 45 - 50 minutes or until golden.

You can double this, but it will take longer in the oven - more than an hour probably. Don't go for a deeper dish, but rather a wider one like a
13 x 9 pyrex pan or larger pan, as needed, than to use a deep casserole.

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Ms. Vaybel, I don't know a thing about corn pudding, but strolling through the little corner of your life that you've put out here, I'm intrigued. Do you have a book about your life where I can pick up the rest of your story? Or do I have to stay tuned?

17/11/05 19:55  
Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

This sounds really good. I think my kids would like it. I think this should be our new vegetable dish!

21/11/05 09:44  
Blogger AbleVaybel said...

Hope you enjoy it, folks. And, Josh, you'll just have to keep coming back for more...

22/11/05 07:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home