Monday, January 02, 2006

"A God For All Seasons"

Cataloging books today, I found this poem written for me when I was a girl by a family friend, Milton "Milt" J. Fink. Here it is, as written:

A God For All Seasons

Oh Lord
You are my God in winter
As well as in spring, summer and fall
In childhood, but even more so in maturity.

When the sun shines within me
I am ever mindful
That it is Your sun.
When I feel the lightning of inspiration
And meaningful creativity results
I know the source of the lightning.
And when illness or disaster strikes
I know You are behind the darkest cloud
And this feeling helps me heal,
And gives me the strength to go on.
To deny You
Would make me a meaningless actor
In the theatre of the absurd.

And so
I worship Thee in Awe
I pray to You in Thanksgiving
But most of all
I sing unto Thee in joy --
I sing unto Thee in great joy.


Milton J. Fink '77

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

23/1/06 05:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home